Thursday, December 20, 2012

Top 10 Song Defenses

1 - Pure Imagination -Richie Cunning*
2 - The Cold - Richie Cunning*
3 - Say What You Say - Eminem*
4 - Do You Remember - The Last Emperor*
5 - Uncommon Valor - Jedi Mind Tricks*
6 - Street Lights - Jedi Mind Tricks*
7 - Spaz Out - Jedi Mind Tricks*
8 - The Station - Richie Cunning*
9 - White America - Eminem*
10 - Soldier - Eminem*

*1 - Pathos - This song touches me emotionally, because it relates directly to one of my favorite movies, which is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory, the background music and title are identical to that of the famous  "Pure Imagination" song, sung by Gene Wilder in the movie.
Ethos -  Richie Cunning being an underground rap artist, doesn't have a huge following, which you could say makes him not popular, but then again no underground rap artist is really popular, to a widespread fan base.
Logos - I  think its not really how popular the song is to everyone else, its more to me how you feel when you listen to the song, and what emotions and thoughts sturr up, and when I listen of this song, it makes me really happy, and I feel like I can do anything I put my mind to, and that's really why its my number 1.

*2 - Ethos - The artist is very keen on what he is trying to point out, which is just that the cold effects everyone.
Pathos - It touches me emotionally, because I've had "Cold" things happen to me before, and this song reminds me how life is hard, but its hard for everyone.
Logos - The song speaks to everyone the same, it shows that fighting for what you want is okay, and that being unhappy about something isn't a crime.

*3 - Ethos - Eminem is just very intense in this song, and uses a powerful flow to intise the listener.
Pathos - His emotion is his voice, and how powerful he uses it.
Logos - What he says makes sense, and its insightful allowing you to tell he thought it through.

*4 - Ethos - Do you Remember is a song that brings me back to my childhood because of its relevance to camping and what not, I find it fun to think back about all those times me and my dad went fishing, and camping.
Pathos - Whenever I think of my dad, or anyone in my family it obviously is going to bring up emotions, maybe slight but they do, you just think of the fun times, maybe you think of some of the bad, but regardless your think of them.
Logos - I just think he does a great job of utilizing emotion, as well as even know hes underground he reaches out to a large fan base.

*5 - Ethos - Uncommon Valor was hard to place this high up on my list, because of its strong emotion, and his just pure talent.
Pathos - This song is all about The Vietnam War and it touches me like it should touch everyone, because it truly tells you what happened in a summed up gruesome, yet intellectual way.
Logos - The things he says are very accurate, and he knows what he's saying.

*6 - Ethos - Street Lights is a very well put together song, what impresses me more then the morale, is the wordplay how it is immersed inside rhymes.
Pathos - Just gives off a very evil emotionally feel, which isn't a bad thing, hate is part of life, and if handled correctly doesn't need to be a terrible thing.
Logos - Shear genius in rhyming, and a mastered skill of emotional contact with you thoughts, gives personified feelings to the songs ability to touch your soul.

*7 - Ethos - Also another song that wordplay is a huge part of, well even more of a huge part then many other songs, it gives a new light to the art of music.
Pathos - Its brings emotions of dominance especial with the opening lines, which give you a power unseen, but heard.
Logos - This song has hundreds of thousands of views on YouTube, which is a good evidence of its integrity.

*8 - Ethos - Richie Cunning again, this is his best wordplay/rhyme song he has, its fun because he disses on basically all other artists, in a fundamental way.
Pathos - It touches your emotions by giving reasons to why others aren't as good as he is.
Logos - It rhymes perfectly, and seems that it would be impossible to stop him from rapping it, if that makes sense. Like hes confident.

*9 - Ethos - What can I say, the best anti-governmental mainstream rap song in the history of the genre.
Pathos - Sturrs up emotions, because sometimes I dought the ability of our government.
Logos - On the highest grossing album in the United States post 21st century.

*10 - Ethos - One of the strongest songs I've ever heard in my entire life.
Pathos - The most emotional song I have ever heard in my entire life.
Logos - Also on the highest grossing album in the United States post 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment